Redundancies can occur in organisations, not only at a time when organisations are contemplating downsizing but can regularly occur in situations when companies are restructuring the business.
Redundancy processes can be a complex area and the procedures vary depending on the number of redundancies you are contemplating making within your organisation.
We can offer you the following support by providing advice and guidance through the full process or through on-site support or a combination of both:-
- Involvement in the initial management discussions regarding the company structure whether it is downsizing, creating new positions or both.
- Discuss and agree a plan going forward to fit within the vision of your business.
- Assist with job descriptions, personnel specifications, and job selection in cases where new positions have been created.
- Discuss suggestions around alternative options to redundancy.
- Advise and assist you with employee communications and nomination of employee representatives.
- Advise on statutory consultation periods.
- Advise on fair redundancy selection criteria.
- Guidance on the statutory dismissal procedures for redundancy.
- Advice on legal binding agreements to avoid future litigation